The Next Potluck Meeting is April 9 at 6:00 PM
Speakers: Ken Russell and Alan Crabtree.
Sailing to the Broughton Islands
Join us for a presentation on sailing to the Broughton Archipelago of British Columbia. Ken Russell and Alan Crabtree sailed their 34 foot vessel from Vancouver, B.C. to the Broughton Islands in August and September of 2018. See pictures of their trip, the routes they chose and hear about the harrowing and sublime adventures that they encountered
2019 Race Results are being posted
2019 Racing Season is here!
CYC Racers will again enjoy a full 5 series of 5 races each bringing us quite near racing half of 2019. Better said, we will be racing nearly vernal to autumnal equinox!!! Whoa...mind blown...
More info on the Racing Page
CYC 10th Annual Benefit Dance
for the Community Boating Center
“It will be a great way to kick off the Boating Season”
Dance to The Walrus
When: Saturday May 11th, 2019
Where: The Majestic
1027 North Forest St. — Bellingham
Social Hour: 7:00-8:00
Cost: $20.00 advance
(Deadline to sign up for $20 5/3)
Order advance tickets on line
Price at DOOR $25.00
Beer, wine & soft drinks will be available for purchase.
DON’T MISS OUT ON THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!!
Proposed changes to by-laws:
Under article V, section 2 (membership applications)
“no application for membership will be considered without a named CYC sponsor”.
Under article VII (duties of membership)
Create a new- section 13 to read:
"Duties of a member/sponsor : Our goal is to be welcoming and inclusive.
Any club member named as a sponsor must act as mentor to the new member. This may include but not limited to the following duties.
- Those listed as sponsor on a new member application will be contacted by the board to vouch for the new member when his or her application is being considered.
- When the membership is approved, the sponsor will also be notified by the board.
- It is incumbent on the sponsor to assist the new member in acclimating to our club. A phone call / text or E-mail to remind him or her of upcoming potlucks or events.
- Make sure the new member is introduced and included at potlucks.
- Check with the new member to ensure they are receiving the newsletters, etc. and notify the board if they are not.”
Good cruise destinations:
- Aleck Bay, Lopez Island (A)
- Clark Island (M)
- Deer Harbor, Orcas Island (A/D)
- Eagle Harbor, Cypress Island (M)
- Garrison Bay, San Juan Island (A)
- Lighted Boat Dock Party, Squalicum (D)
- Lummi Island (A)
- Obstruction Pass Park (A/M)
- Pleasant Cove, Chuckanut Bay (A)
- Prevost Harbor, Stuart Island (A/D)
- Rosario Resort, Orcas Island (D),
- Round the County (M)
- “Thelma and Louise” women’s cruise
- Vendovi Island (D)
- West Sound, Orcas Island (R/D/A) Winter Cove, Saturna Island (A)
- Whirlwind Cruise: Jones Island, Deer Harbor-West Sound (A/D)
- Other options: you can choose your own destination! All in the Gulf Islands (one week to 10 days)
- Port Browning:Port of entry and provisioning (A/D)
- Montague Harbor (A/D)
- Wallace Island (A/D)
- Pirates Cove, De Courcy Island (A)
- Ganges, Salt Spring Island (A/D)
- Portland Island, North Cove (A)
A = Anchor
PHRF Cruising Rating Adjustment Form (PDF format)
PIYA Safety Equipment Rules (PDF format)
Join or manage your subscription to the CYC Racing e-mail list.
D= Dock or Marina
M= Mooring buoy
R = reciprocal
Hosting A CYC Cruise:
First and foremost you must select a cruise that sparks your interest, whether a favorite destination to share with other CYC members or a location that you have always wanted to visit but until now have not done so. Second, you determine dates that suit your schedule. Third, you decide what activities, if any, you wish to explore such as hiking, dining, shopping, beach combing, etc. and whether or not there will be any pot lucks or BBQs. Once these tasks are decided you can send an email to all members by sending it to the cruise chair and/or webmaster who will forward it to the membership. Then you coordinate the trip with members so that you have a destination, phone numbers, boat names (radio contact), MMSI numbers, and any other necessities. Then you sail together or converge at your planned destination and have a wonderful time exploring the area!
Photographs and a paragraph or two in the next newsletter are always a welcome addition. Please remember that your back yard (San Juan and Gulf Islands) contains some of the best cruising grounds in the world. Get out there and enjoy your boat and your fellow CYC members. Valuable information about local cruising can be found in San Juan Islands, a Boater's Guidebook by Shawn Breeding and Heather Bansmer, 2013.
Contact your Cruise Chairperson for any additional information: Email: email@example.com
Cruising schedule and other CYC events are listed on the CYC Google Calendar, which is updated periodically. You can subscribe to the CYC Google Calendar on your computer or smart phone or see the Events & Cruises page.
April 9: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
May 4: Opening Day, Squalicum Harbor
May 11: CYC Spring Dance, The Majestic
May 14: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
May 18-19: CYC Matia Cleanup Cruise
May 28: CYC Board Meeting, Commodore's House
6 APR 2019
Problems? Notify the Webmeister
Our mailing address is P. O. Box 101, Bellingham, WA 98227
[Corinthian Yacht Club Bellingham] [Meeting Information] [Cruising/Events] [Racing] [Newsletter] [Membership] [Reciprocal Clubs] [Education] [Links/Resources]