The Next Potluck Meeting is June 11th at 6:00
No Speakers in June, July or August. Grills will be going bring something to BBQ.
2019 Race Results are being posted
2019 Racing Season is here!
CYC Racers will again enjoy a full 5 series of 5 races each bringing us quite near racing half of 2019. Better said, we will be racing nearly vernal to autumnal equinox!!! Whoa...mind blown...
More info on the Racing Page
THE 2019 SPRING CYC 10th ANNUAL FUNDRAISER DANCE FOR THE COMMUNITY BOATING CENTER WAS A TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!
We had 131 attend the dance this year. We had the largest turnout ever, and the WALRUS was a HUGE DRAW. We had 43 people buy $25 tickets at the door. Boundary Bay Brewery gave us a pony keg, and this was the first year that we drained the keg. The bar brought in $949, (less the whole sale cost of the wine provided by Laurent Martel). The CBC provided DONATED PIZZA from LOCAL RESTAURANTS.
The CYC dance proceeds after expenses was $1,197.00. The Paddle Auction brought in $1,490, and the Silent Auction brought in $2,963 which brings this year’s total to $5,650.00 for the CBC. The CBC was so thrilled with the fundraiser!!!!
I want to thank all of our volunteers and the CBC staff and volunteers who worked hard with us to make the dance a total success. The Majestic Hall was a perfect venue and the Walrus kept everyone out on the dance floor to the very end.
Lesli Beasley, Dance Chair
We thank our CYC Fundraising Dance sponsors for their generous support.
Changes to by-laws:
Under article V, section 2 (membership applications)
“no application for membership will be considered without a named CYC sponsor”.
Under article VII (duties of membership)
Create a new- section 13 to read:
"Duties of a member/sponsor : Our goal is to be welcoming and inclusive.
Any club member named as a sponsor must act as mentor to the new member. This may include but not limited to the following duties.
- Those listed as sponsor on a new member application will be contacted by the board to vouch for the new member when his or her application is being considered.
- When the membership is approved, the sponsor will also be notified by the board.
- It is incumbent on the sponsor to assist the new member in acclimating to our club. A phone call / text or E-mail to remind him or her of upcoming potlucks or events.
- Make sure the new member is introduced and included at potlucks.
- Check with the new member to ensure they are receiving the newsletters, etc. and notify the board if they are not.”
Good cruise destinations:
- Aleck Bay, Lopez Island (A)
- Clark Island (M)
- Deer Harbor, Orcas Island (A/D)
- Eagle Harbor, Cypress Island (M)
- Garrison Bay, San Juan Island (A)
- Lighted Boat Dock Party, Squalicum (D)
- Lummi Island (A)
- Obstruction Pass Park (A/M)
- Pleasant Cove, Chuckanut Bay (A)
- Prevost Harbor, Stuart Island (A/D)
- Rosario Resort, Orcas Island (D),
- Round the County (M)
- “Thelma and Louise” women’s cruise
- Vendovi Island (D)
- West Sound, Orcas Island (R/D/A) Winter Cove, Saturna Island (A)
- Whirlwind Cruise: Jones Island, Deer Harbor-West Sound (A/D)
- Other options: you can choose your own destination! All in the Gulf Islands (one week to 10 days)
- Port Browning:Port of entry and provisioning (A/D)
- Montague Harbor (A/D)
- Wallace Island (A/D)
- Pirates Cove, De Courcy Island (A)
- Ganges, Salt Spring Island (A/D)
- Portland Island, North Cove (A)
A = Anchor
PHRF Cruising Rating Adjustment Form (PDF format)
PIYA Safety Equipment Rules (PDF format)
Join or manage your subscription to the CYC Racing e-mail list.
D= Dock or Marina
M= Mooring buoy
R = reciprocal
Hosting A CYC Cruise:
First and foremost you must select a cruise that sparks your interest, whether a favorite destination to share with other CYC members or a location that you have always wanted to visit but until now have not done so. Second, you determine dates that suit your schedule. Third, you decide what activities, if any, you wish to explore such as hiking, dining, shopping, beach combing, etc. and whether or not there will be any pot lucks or BBQs. Once these tasks are decided you can send an email to all members by sending it to the cruise chair and/or webmaster who will forward it to the membership. Then you coordinate the trip with members so that you have a destination, phone numbers, boat names (radio contact), MMSI numbers, and any other necessities. Then you sail together or converge at your planned destination and have a wonderful time exploring the area!
Photographs and a paragraph or two in the next newsletter are always a welcome addition. Please remember that your back yard (San Juan and Gulf Islands) contains some of the best cruising grounds in the world. Get out there and enjoy your boat and your fellow CYC members. Valuable information about local cruising can be found in San Juan Islands, a Boater's Guidebook by Shawn Breeding and Heather Bansmer, 2013.
Contact your Cruise Chairperson for any additional information: Email: email@example.com
Cruising schedule and other CYC events are listed on the CYC Google Calendar, which is updated periodically. You can subscribe to the CYC Google Calendar on your computer or smart phone or see the Events & Cruises page.
June 11: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
June 21-23 Stuart Island, Turn Point Lighthouse
July 9: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
9 JUN 2019
Problems? Notify the Webmeister
Our mailing address is P. O. Box 101, Bellingham, WA 98227
[Corinthian Yacht Club Bellingham] [Meeting Information] [Cruising/Events] [Racing] [Newsletter] [Membership] [Reciprocal Clubs] [Education] [Links/Resources]