The Next Potluck Meeting is October 9 at 6:00 PM
Speakers: Amanda Eurich and Laurent Martel
2018 Turkey Cruise
Hello all, it’s that time to sign up for CYC’s last cruise of the year, the Blakely Island Turkey Cruise. This year we will be going October 26-28. Friday night will be dedicated to Halloween; appetizers, games, music, dancing and costumes are strongly encouraged. Prizes for best dressed! Saturday afternoon will be a fun team scavenger hunt/game that will start at 1:00pm, the turkey fry dinner will be at 4:00pm. We have a limited number of slips for this cruise, about 12-14, so if we have more boats then that we may need to raft. Please reserve your spot early! I have 5 boats already confirmed. The DEADLINE for signing up is Monday, October 22nd. I will be buying turkeys and assigning slips that day so no exceptions.
- When rsvping please provide me with the following information:
- Length and depth of your boat?
- Which day you’re are planning to arrive - Saturday or Friday?
- How many people in your group?
- Are you able to bring fire wood?
We’ll talk about food, later, with the folks who sign up! But Troy will be making the gravy for sure!
I look forward to hearing from you, if you have any questions please feel free to call me, (360) 220-6757.
Good cruise destinations:
- Aleck Bay, Lopez Island (A)
- Clark Island (M)
- Deer Harbor, Orcas Island (A/D)
- Eagle Harbor, Cypress Island (M)
- Garrison Bay, San Juan Island (A)
- Lighted Boat Dock Party, Squalicum (D)
- Lummi Island (A)
- Obstruction Pass Park (A/M)
- Pleasant Cove, Chuckanut Bay (A)
- Prevost Harbor, Stuart Island (A/D)
- Rosario Resort, Orcas Island (D),
- Round the County (M)
- “Thelma and Louise” women’s cruise
- Vendovi Island (D)
- West Sound, Orcas Island (R/D/A) Winter Cove, Saturna Island (A)
- Whirlwind Cruise: Jones Island, Deer Harbor-West Sound (A/D)
- Other options: you can choose your own destination! All in the Gulf Islands (one week to 10 days)
- Port Browning:Port of entry and provisioning (A/D)
- Montague Harbor (A/D)
- Wallace Island (A/D)
- Pirates Cove, De Courcy Island (A)
- Ganges, Salt Spring Island (A/D)
- Portland Island, North Cove (A)
A = Anchor
PHRF Cruising Rating Adjustment Form (PDF format)
PIYA Safety Equipment Rules (PDF format)
Join or manage your subscription to the CYC Racing e-mail list.
D= Dock or Marina
M= Mooring buoy
R = reciprocal
Hosting A CYC Cruise:
First and foremost you must select a cruise that sparks your interest, whether a favorite destination to share with other CYC members or a location that you have always wanted to visit but until now have not done so. Second, you determine dates that suit your schedule. Third, you decide what activities, if any, you wish to explore such as hiking, dining, shopping, beach combing, etc. and whether or not there will be any pot lucks or BBQs. Once these tasks are decided you can send an email to all members by sending it to the cruise chair and/or webmaster who will forward it to the membership. Then you coordinate the trip with members so that you have a destination, phone numbers, boat names (radio contact), MMSI numbers, and any other necessities. Then you sail together or converge at your planned destination and have a wonderful time exploring the area!
Photographs and a paragraph or two in the next newsletter are always a welcome addition. Please remember that your back yard (San Juan and Gulf Islands) contains some of the best cruising grounds in the world. Get out there and enjoy your boat and your fellow CYC members. Valuable information about local cruising can be found in San Juan Islands, a Boater's Guidebook by Shawn Breeding and Heather Bansmer, 2013.
Contact your Cruise Chairperson for any additional information: Ron Battle (360) 319-7478 or email: email@example.com
CYC Cruise Chair
Cruising schedule and other CYC events are listed on the CYC Google Calendar, which is updated periodically. You can subscribe to the CYC Google Calendar on your computer or smart phone or see the Events & Cruises page.
October 9: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
October 23: CYC Board Meeting, Commodore's House
October 26-28: Blakely Island Turkey Cruise, Hosts: Tracy and Troy Olney
November 13: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
November 27: CYC Board Meeting, Commodore's House
8 OCT 2018
Problems? Notify the Webmeister
Our mailing address is P. O. Box 101, Bellingham, WA 98227
[Corinthian Yacht Club Bellingham] [Meeting Information] [Cruising/Events] [Racing] [Newsletter] [Membership] [Reciprocal Clubs] [Links/Resources]